Tuesday, July 7, 2020

7 Day Mood Revolution - Food Journal/Recipes

7 Day Mood Revolution Food Diary 


DAY 1: Monday 6/1/2020


10:30AM - Breakfast 
2 fried eggs (seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked in olive oil)
½ tomato (Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning) (½ serving fruit/veg)
½ avocado  (Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning) (½ serving fruit/veg)
Handful of arugula (seasoning with splash of lemon juice) (½ serving veg)
1.5 cups of black coffee 


1.5 / 7 servings of fruits and veggies for the day


3:30PM - Lunch
1 green apple (with cinnamon) (1 serving fruit/veg)
~3 tbsp fage 5% greek yogurt 
~1 heaping tbsp almond butter (my favorite is the creamy, salted from Trader Joes) 
Tons of cinnamon 
*mix the yogurt, almond butter & cinnamon and dip apple wedges!*


2.5 / 7 servings of fruits and veggies for the day


6:00PM - Seltzer
Seltzer with lime (I had peach & ginger from the target brand) 


8:00PM - Snack
Handful of baby carrots (1 serving veg)


3.5 / 7 servings of fruits and veggies for the day


9:00PM - Dinner 
Salmon (omega 3’s serving) 
Cauliflour Rice (2 servings veg) 
Broccoli (steamed) (1 serving veg) 
*you can omit the honey to strictly follow the guidelines, but
I used about 1.5 tbsp, definitely doesn’t need more of that, next time I might try without any* 


6.5 / 7 servings of fruits and veggies for the day


10:00PM - “Dessert”
1 glass red wine
Ginger turmeric tea from trader joes 


Reflect: I would say I did pretty good today following the guidelines!
Adding
Goal: 7 fruits/veggies - Hit 6.5 / 7 
Goal: good source of omega 3’s - Hit with salmon for dinner 
Excluding/Limiting:
Sugar - had a little honey in the sauce for dinner
Flour - none
Processed Foods - none
Caffeine under 200 mg - 1.5 cups
Alcohol only 1 drink - 1 glass red wine 


DAY 2: Tuesday 6/2/2020


11:30 - Breakfast
Smoothie 
*not going to put the ingredients because I wouldn’t recommend it*
½ banana = ½ serving of fruit 
1 cup baby spinach = 1 serving of veggies
1 cup of black coffee  
1 cup of black coffee 


Total servings of fruits/veg 1.5 / 7 


4:00 - Lunch
2 fried eggs (seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked in olive oil)
Handful of cherry tomatoes (everything but the bagel seasoning) (½ serving fruit/veg)
½ avocado  (Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning) (½ serving fruit/veg)
Handful of arugula (seasoning with splash of lemon juice) (½ serving veg)
La Croix Passionfruit seltzer with lime 


Total servings of fruits/veg 3 / 7 


4:30 - Coffee
½ cup of iced black coffee 


9:00 - Dinner
Chicken Meatballs
Zoodles (cooked in olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper)
Steamed Broccoli
*I used a tbsp of butter and cut it with chicken broth and that’s for 2 people* 


Total servings of fruits/veg 6 / 7 


9:30 - “Dessert”
1 glass red wine
Ginger turmeric tea from trader joes 


Reflect: I would say I did pretty good today following the guidelines today.
I had 0.5 less of fruit/veg and no omega 3s other than the supplement but still happy with that!


Adding
Goal: 7 fruits/veggies - Hit 6 / 7 
Goal: took a supplement which is better than nothing?
Excluding/Limiting:
Sugar - none
Flour - none
Processed Foods - none
Caffeine under 200 mg - 1.5 cups
Alcohol only 1 drink - 1 glass red wine 



DAY 3: Wednesday 6/3/2020


11:30AM - Breakfast
Smoothie
*again not putting the recipe because it wasn’t great*
½ banana = ½ serving of fruit
¼ cup blueberries = ½ serving fruit
1 broccoli stalk = 1 serving veg
2 handfuls of spinach = 2 servings veg
*I only had half of this at breakfast but calculated full servings because at as snack later* 


Total servings of fruits/veg 4 / 7 


4:00PM Lunch
2 fried eggs (seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked in olive oil)
Handful of cherry tomatoes (everything but the bagel seasoning) (½ serving fruit/veg)
½ avocado  (Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning) (½ serving fruit/veg)
Handful of arugula (seasoning with splash of lemon juice) (½ serving veg)
La Croix Coconut seltzer with lime 


Total servings of fruits/veg 5.5 / 7 


6:00PM - Snack
*finished the smoothie bowl from breakfast* 


9:00PM - Dinner
Salmon Patties (¼ serving veg)
Cauliflower Rice (1 serving veg)
Broccoli (1 serving veg) 
¼ Avocado (¼ serving fruit/veg) 


Salmon Patty Recipe (1 serving) 
Ingredients
1 Chicken of the Sea Wild Salmon Pouch
1 Egg 
¼ onion finely chopped
¼ red pepper finely chopped 
1 tsp mayonnaise 
1 tsp garlic
Splash lemon juice
Sriracha to taste 
Salt & Pepper to taste
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together until well combined and cook in a pan on medium heat
(I did mine in one inch pattys) for 3-4 each side 


*For Chris’s I did everything the same except added ¼ cup of bread crumbs and
omitted the sriracha - the texture and patty's came out much better for his, but
I’m staying true to the no flour thing as much as possible!* 


Total servings of fruits/veg 8 / 7 


10:00PM - “Dessert”
1 glass red wine
Ginger turmeric tea from trader joes 


Reflect: Honestly I freaking CRUSHED it today! 8/7 servings of fruit and veg
and hit everything else today perfectly. I felt SO good and productive today. Very happy :) 


Adding
Goal: 7 fruits/veggies - Hit 8 / 7 YAS
Goal: salmon patty YAS
Excluding/Limiting:
Sugar - none
Flour - none
Processed Foods - none
Caffeine under 200 mg - 1.2 cups
Alcohol only 1 drink - 1 glass red wine 


DAY 4: Thursday 6/4/2020


11:30AM - Breakfast
Smoothie
1 frozen banana (1 serving fruit) 
2 cups of baby spinach (2 servings veg) 
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 scoop collagen powder
1 tsp maca powder 
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder 
1 heaping tbsp almond butter
3 ice cubes
¼ cup oat milk
1 cup black coffee (not in smoothie lol)


Total servings of fruits/veg 3 / 7 


3:30PM - Snack
1 brown rice cake
½ tbsp Almond butter
cinnamon


4:30PM - Lunch
2 fried eggs (seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked in olive oil)
Handful of cherry tomatoes (everything but the bagel seasoning) (½ serving fruit/veg)
½ avocado  (Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning) (½ serving fruit/veg)
Handful of arugula (seasoning with splash of lemon juice) (½ serving veg)
La Croix Passionfruit seltzer with lime 


Total servings of fruits/veg 4.5 / 7 


8:30PM - Dinner 
4 oz Tilapia filet
½ cup cauliflower rice (½ serving veg)
½ cup zoodles (½ serving veg)
¼ red bell pepper (¼ serving veg)
¼ chopped onion (¼ serving veg) 
¼ avocado (¼ serving veg) 
“Salsa sauce” 
Everything topped in taco seasoning 


Fish Taco Bowl Recipe (1 serving) 
4 oz tilapia 
Taco seasoning
Lime juice 
¼ chopped onion
¼ chopped red bell pepper 
Cauliflower rice (you can use any grain you prefer) 
Zoodles (you can use any veggie you prefer) 


Directions:
Fish
Coat both sides of the tilapia filet in taco seasoning and put in a pan over medium heat
(I cooked in olive oil). Cook 3-4 minutes each side. After it’s cooked through (still in the pan)
I give the filet a splash or two with lime juice (I let it simmer another minute). 
Cauliflower rice
I put the chopped onions in the pan with a little olive oil and let them cook for about 3 minutes.
Then I sauteed the cauliflower rice in the same pan with taco seasoning for about 3-4 minutes.
Boom you’re done. 
Veggies
I chose red bell peppers (because they’re bomb in mexican food) and zoodles
(because I had some left over) but you can choose any veggies you like.
I did more of the same just cooked them up in a pan with a little olive oil over medium
heat with taco seasoning. 


Sauce:
1 tbsp plain greek yogurt
2 tbsp salsa 
-Mix it up and drizzle :) 


Total servings of fruits/veg 6.25/7


Reflect: Since I slept like crap the night before I woke up moody and feeling sickly
which was a bummer so it threw my day off for sure. It was the first day that I was craving
all the bad things but I didn’t give in and I just made sure to have some healthier sweet
things like the chocolate smoothie and the rice cake with almond butter. So I’m proud
of myself for not giving in and I almost hit my veg/fruit serving so happy with that and
took a supplement for omega 3’s so overall pretty happy with how I did!


Adding
Goal: 7 fruits/veggies - Hit 6.25 / 7 
Goal: took a supplement (better than nothing!)
Excluding/Limiting:
Sugar - none
Flour - none
Processed Foods - none
Caffeine under 200 mg - 1 cup
Alcohol only 1 drink - none


DAY 5: Friday 6/5/2020
11:30AM - Breakfast
“Cereal” 
½ cup rolled oats 
⅛ cup slivered almonds
⅛ cup crushed walnuts 
1 tsp coconut oil 
Cinnamon 
Salt 
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup blueberries (½ serving fruit)
1 cup black coffee (not in cereal) 


*In a pan over medium heat melt coconut oil, mix in oats for 5 minutes with cinnamon & a
dash of salt. Mix every minute or so. Add in the nuts and cook for about 2 more minutes,
until everything is roasted to your liking. Then just pour into a bowl, add milk and fruit toppings
of your choice!*


Total servings of fruits/veg 0.5 / 7


4:00PM - Lunch
1 apple (1 serving fruit) 
2-3 tbsp plain greek yogurt
1 tbsp almond butter
Cinnamon 
Limoncello La Croix seltzer


Total servings of fruits/veg 1.5 / 7


6:00PM - Dinner
4oz grilled chicken
½ bell pepper (½ serving veg)
½ cucumber (½ serving veg)
1 cup roasted cauliflower & broccoli (1 serving veg)
½ cup roasted potatoes 


Total servings of fruits/veg 3.5 / 7


9:00PM - “Dessert”
2 squares of Trader Joe’s 72% dark chocolate 
3 cups of air popped popcorn (seasoned with a little olive oil and salt) - approved snack in the book 


Reflect: Today I felt pretty good. I got a good night's sleep so I always feel much better with
good sleep. I was craving cereal so I made a healthier version. Today was pretty bad with
fruits/veg so that was kind of a bummer. This weekend will be challenging because I’m staying
with my family at their summer cottage and my mom made these brownie cookies and I wanted
one so bad but I didn’t have any! So I’m proud of myself there. Life is about balance so if I can
just make better choices and have a balanced diet I will be happy. 


Adding
Goal: 7 fruits/veggies - Hit 3.5 / 7 (pretty sad today)
Goal: took a supplement (better than nothing!)
Excluding/Limiting:
Sugar - dark chocolate (better than the cookie brownies!)
Flour - none
Processed Foods - none
Caffeine under 200 mg - 1 cup
Alcohol only 1 drink - 1.5 glass sauvignon blanc 


DAY 6: Saturday 6/6/2020
10:30AM - Breakfast
Smoothie
2 cups of baby spinach (2 servings veg) 
1 cup mixed berries (1 serving fruit) 
⅓ cup plain greek yogurt 
Dash of cinnamon 
1 heaping tbsp of almond butter 
⅓ cup of cashew milk 
3 ice cubes 
I cup black coffee (not in cereal) 
Total servings of fruits/veg 3 / 7


2:30PM - Lunch
2 fried eggs (seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked in olive oil)
Handful of cherry tomatoes (everything but the bagel seasoning) (½ serving fruit/veg)
½ avocado  (Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning) (½ serving fruit/veg)
Handful of arugula (seasoning with splash of lemon juice) (½ serving veg)
La Croix Limoncello seltzer with lime 
Total servings of fruits/veg 4.5 / 7


4:00PM - Snack
Black Cherry Budlight seltzer 


6:00PM - Dinner
4oz ground turkey burger 
1 cup baby spinach (1 serving veg)
1 cup arugula (1 serving veg)
¼ cucumber (¼ serving veg)
¼ avocado (¼ serving fruit/veg)
1 tbsp plain greek yogurt
2 tbsp salsa 


Total servings of fruits/veg 7 / 7


9:00PM - “Dessert”
2 squares of Trader Joe’s 72% dark chocolate 
1.5 glasses sauvignon blanc 


Reflect: Today was a fun day! Spent it hanging out with my family and boyfriend at the beach
so overall in a great mood and spent some quality time with people I love. I had 1.5 “extra”
drinks and a little sugar in the chocolate but I crushed my fruit/veg servings today and I still
didn’t have the cookie brownie so feeling pretty good!


Adding
Goal: 7 fruits/veggies - Hit 7 / 7 YAS
Goal: took a supplement (better than nothing!)
Excluding/Limiting:
Sugar - dark chocolate (still better than the cookie brownies!)
Flour - none
Processed Foods - none
Caffeine under 200 mg - 1 cup
Alcohol only 1 drink - 2.5 (1 hard seltzer, 1.5 glasses sauvignon blanc) 


DAY 7: Sunday 6/7/2020


11:00AM - Breakfast
“Cereal” 
½ cup rolled oats 
¼ cup slivered almonds 
1 tsp coconut oil 
Cinnamon 
Salt 
½ cup cashew milk
¼ cup blueberries (¼ serving fruit)
¼ cup strawberries (¼ serving fruit)
½ banana (½ serving fruit)
1 cup of black coffee (not in cereal) 


*In a pan over medium heat melt coconut oil, mix in oats for 5 minutes with cinnamon & a
dash of salt. Mix every minute or so. Add in the nuts and cook for about 2 more minutes, until
everything is roasted to your liking. Then just pour into a bowl, add milk and fruit toppings of
your choice!*


Total servings of fruits/veg 1 / 7


3:00PM - Snack
1 brown rice cake
½ tbsp of almond butter
½ banana (½ serving fruit)


Total servings of fruits/veg 1.5 / 7


4:00PM - Lunch
Smoothie
2 cups of baby spinach (2 servings veg) 
1 cup mixed berries (1 serving fruit) 
⅓ cup plain greek yogurt 
Dash of cinnamon 
1 heaping tbsp of almond butter 
⅓ cup of cashew milk 
3 ice cubes 


Total servings of fruits/veg 4.5 / 7


8:00PM - Dinner (Cheat Meal)
2 “grass fed 100% beef hot dogs” 
1 slice sprouted bread
Trader Joe’s ketchup 
1 cup baby spinach (1 serving veg) 
¼ cucumber (¼ serving veg) 
4 cherry tomatoes (¼ serving veg) 
½ cup roasted broccoli & cauliflower (½ serving veg) 
Dash of dressing (seen in video) 
Unsalted tortilla chips from Trader Joe’s 
Pickle juice (to dip the chips in - yes don’t knock it before you try it) 
1 margarita (tequila, triple sec, lime juice, dash of agave) 
1 square of 72% dark chocolate from Trader Joe’s 


Total servings of fruits/veg 6.5 / 7


Reflect: Today the weather was kind of cold and dark and I definitely was feeling pretty lazy
today. I had also been craving a hot dog for like weeks lol. So I definitely don’t think the author
would have recommended having a cheat meal as the last meal of the 7 day mood revolution
but honestly I am happy I did. I got it out of my system and I made slightly better choices to still
enjoy my hotdog. I like his 80/20 rule and I think that’s totally manageable for me moving forward.
Besides the obvious cheat meal, I still almost hit my fruit/veggie goal which is still an improvement
for me prior to this challenge, and I’ve been taking the omega 3 supplement everyday. I am trying
to get more natural food sources of omega 3 - I’m still working on it. 


Adding
Goal: 7 fruits/veggies - Hit 6.5 / 7 
Goal: took a supplement (better than nothing!)
Excluding/Limiting:
Sugar - dark chocolate, agave in margarita, ketchup 
Flour - none
Processed Foods - unsalted Trader Joe’s corn tortilla chips, hot dogs
Caffeine under 200 mg - 1 cup
Alcohol only 1 drink - 1 margarita 


Overall reflection: Overall I am really proud of myself for doing this “diet” and improving my
health and brain health! Besides the roller coaster of not getting great sleep for a few of the nights
and that totally messing up my mood, I would say I felt pretty great! I felt more focused and motivated
which are the two things I was lacking most and looking to improve. My digestion also was very happy
considering there’s basically nothing bad you can eat on this diet plan. I think being more conscious of
how many fruits and veggies I’m getting in is so important and I definitely was eating way more keeping
track of them this way. I also felt more energy in general (excluding poor quality of sleep days) and I think
it has to do with more fruits/veggies and lack of crap for sure. I don’t know why I didn’t sleep well but I
guess the next week is focused on that anyways so we’ll see how it goes! Of course I did break on my
cheat meal, but I didn’t go too crazy and still made better choices even within the cheat meal. I am going
to try my best to continue sticking to this diet moving forward especially for the next 14 days while on this
challenge, but I think sticking to his 80/20 rule is totally doable and I intend to keep it hopefully forever!  

Check out my youtube videos:

Check out "Brain Fog Fix":

Stay tuned for week 2 and 3!

XOXO,

Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment