Thursday, July 3, 2014

How to Get Rid of Razor Bumps/Razor Burn



It's that time of year again... Bikini season... and ladies you know what that means! 

Now for those of us who are maybe too afraid, or don't want to pay a lot of money for an expensive wax - we have to shave! This means lots of ugly and painful razor burn and razor bumps. It's uncomfortable and embarrassing! BUT lucky for us there are ways to help get rid of it and prevent it from happening all together.

I have made a few youtube videos and tutorials on how to do this, but I wanted to go a little more in depth with you now. 

If you would like to see my How to Get Rid of Razor Bumps/Razor Burn video be sure to check that out and/or keep reading!

So first things first you want to make sure you are shaving correctly to prevent razor burn in the first place. If you're interested in learning some shaving tricks be sure to check out my Tips for Shaving! video to help prevent razor burn!


*I would explain the process but in this case it's much easier to just watch the video than me try to explain it here - however my best tip is to exfoliate your legs before you shave to open up the hair sockets and get a closer shave to prevent ingrown hairs and razor bumps. Check out my tutorial on DIY Body Scrubs for inexpensive all natural body scrubs.*




As for actually getting rid of them I have 3 fool proof methods for you!

1. Black Tea - The tannic acid in the tea helps to reduce redness and inflammation. Personally, this is my favorite method and I always recommend this method first! For information on how to apply check out my video!
2. Baking Soda - This method is more effective to get rid of the razor burn than the actual bumps but it still works for both! Baking soda helps to reduce the redness and inflammation. *BEWARE* this may burn a bit! For info on how to apply check out my video!
3. Honey & Apple Cider Vinegar - Honey is chalk full of antibacterial properties that will help to sooth and treat razor burn and razor bumps. The apple cider vinegar is great for reducing the redness and inflammation. For info on how to apply and how long check out my video!

Black Tea: https://amzn.to/2u2Qwgq Baking Soda: https://amzn.to/38Dnm6y Honey: https://amzn.to/2SzoUJe Apple Cider Vinegar: https://amzn.to/37CDp3n

*Sometimes if I don't have any of these on me a great thing to do is apply a little petroleum jelly to your razor burn to help sooth it!*


Be sure to try out these tips and tricks and I guarantee you will not be hiding under a cover up at the beach or pool! Be sure to moisturize too for that extra glow!

XOXO,

Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment